As always, it feels like Christmas party season has come around quicker than expected and with our busy lives we may not be as planned for the upcoming festivities as we would like to be.
If this sounds familiar, don’t panic! Whether you’re still to get your Christmas party organised or you’re looking for something a little different as an end of year ‘thank you’ for your staff, we have just the ticket. We’ve asked our event teams and designers to give their top tips to help you create a party your guests won’t forget.
Hickory’s 5 Top Tips for the Perfect Christmas Party
- Establish your budget – think about a budget per head. By knowing what you have available to spend on the different elements you can choose what’s important and you won’t start planning something that is unrealistic.
- Who’s coming – is it colleagues you are rewarding for a successful year/performance, a showcase to thank your clients or a celebration with family and friends? This is probably the most important question as it will set the tone for almost the entire event including the styling, food, drinks and entertainment.
- Location, Location, Location – make sure your venue is big enough to host all of your guests. If it’s for friends and family it may not be a problem to have a smaller, cosy space, but for an event for clients you want to ensure your guests aren’t crammed in like sardines! Also make sure that everyone can get to the venue. Is parking important for your guests? It’s best to think of these things during the initial planning stages to ensure as many of your guests can attend as possible.
- Keep it fresh – have a think about the styling of your event. Do you host a Christmas event every year with the same décor? It might be time to switch it up and have a fresh new look. Go for all-out frosted fantasy or subtle winter hues and foliage, it will really set the scene for your guests.
- What are we eating? – Is it a sit down meal or a more relaxed event, giving guests a chance to mingle and catch up while canapés are served? Consult with our team and choose a style of food for the event, incorporating the theme where possible. Make sure you accommodate as many dietary requirements as you can and, most of all, make it exciting and fun!
As everyone knows, no Christmas party is complete without a little sparkle and fizz, and that’s where Hickory come in. To help you create a memorable party, we have created a Christmas Cocktails and Canapés package that you and your guests are sure to love.
From festive sweet and savoury canapés to a range of classic cocktails, all with a seasonal twist, the menu is perfect for a pre-Christmas office lunch, a thank you evening for clients or even a party with friends and family. Delivered to your door, complete with a Hickory pop up bar, a mixologist to ensure the cocktails are flowing and a full team of staff to help deliver your event you won’t have to lift a finger.
Get in touch with our team to discuss how we can help to design a Christmas celebration to WOW your guests.